Getting Started with Timebank in Tai Tokerau
- Create a login and fill out your member profile with a photograph of you
- Post skills, knowledge, talents and experience you may have to help other members.
- Post requests for skills, knowledge or talents where other members can help you.
- Attend a short orientation, either at the Kaitaia EcoCentre or as arranged with a coordinator (we can add a photo here if you need). Contact email@example.com to arrange. This will give you full access to the Timebank site, allowing you to see other members etc.
- Once we have completed an orientation with you, you are ready to trade!
Please also agree to the following terms of service
1. I give my consent to the Timebank Coordinator to:
a) Contact the people whose names I give for a character reference.
b) Request a Police Check as required to confirm that I do not present a risk to Timebank members
c) Share my contact details with other Timebank members regarding potential trades
2. I have read, understood, and will adhere to the Timebank Code of Conduct at all times.
3. I understand that photographs containing my image, taken at Timebank events, may be used for promotional purposes e.g. Facebook, unless I specifically request otherwise by contacting a Timebank Coordinator.
4. I agree to pay an annual Timebank membership fee either $10 per year or two Time Credits
5. I agree to pay my first annual Timebank membership fee within one month after the activation of my Timebank account, and thereafter annually on the anniversary of that date.
6. I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure my personal safety and the safety of my property while participating in Timebank trading and other TimeBank activities.
7. I undertake to keep the contact details of other Timebank members private.
8. I understand & agree if I do I trade with someone which includes mileage, I will pay them for travel expenses (this will be negotiated between us). This might be $2 for a Local Trip/20c/pKm (within 20 km radius) and further being 16c/pKm. A return trip Kaitāia to Whangarei might be $50.
9. I understand if any materials are needed before a trade, the person offering will either be reimbursed, or I as a requester will buy any materials needed.
10. I understand & agree that all trades will be fair & agreed prior to exchange. Should I need something extra it will be the Timebank member's discretion whether it is added/done or saved for another time. If extra is done the member will be reimbursed accordingly.
11. I understand that I am able to bring complaints and compliments to a Timebank Coordinator.
12. I will always thank the member whom I have dealt with as I understand they have used their time to help me.
Annual Membership Subscription is $10 or two Timecredits
Paying Online (let us know you have paid online, so that this can be recorded)
If paying online please deposit via internet banking $10 to the Eco Centre account:
Account Name: Tai Tokerau Timebank
Account number: 12-3096-0282025-02
Reference: Your name
Paying with Cash
If paying with cash, please drop $10 into the EcoCentre, Shop 5/42 Commerce St (facing Bank St), Kaitaia, week days 10am - 4pm and let the person on duty know it is for your Timebank membership.
Paying with Time Credits
On the Tai Tokerau Timebank site, create an exchange ...
- Who PROVIDED the service? Type Tai Tokerau Timebank & tick the box next to Tai Tokerau Timebank below. Then click on next step below.
- Who RECEIVED the service? Type Your Name & TICK The box next to Your Name below.
- DESCRIPTION of service: Type TTT membership with year paying for.
- On the Calendar: Highlight any day before the expiry date of your Anniversary sign up.
- Service Category: Highlight Community Activities: Help out our Timebank.
- Put 2 hours inside the arrow.
- Make sure: Tai Tokerau Timebank is on the left & you are on the right of the screen!
- Press CREATE EXCHANGE.
For Co-ordinators recording a member's payment (stops automatic emails from Timebank that member owes payment)
- Under Record an Exchange Record a Payment
- Type the name of person.
- Mark a date on the calendar that you have just paid for
- PAYMENT TYPE: Scroll to hours
- Type 2 in HOURS
- Type 12 in Month or 1 Year
- Description: "KTB membership" & the year you are paying
- Press Save Changes
(If member has paid with cash, in total put $10 & Subscription Amount $10. Step 1-3 and 6-8 as above)