Terms of Service
TimeBanks USA Terms of Service
TimeBanking is designed to encourage connections between community members on the basis that everyone has something to give and everyone has needs. TimeBank members commit to "give and receive" using Time Credits earned and spent. The "golden rule" of TimeBanking is this: An hour of my time is equal to an hour of your time. One hour of service given earns one time credit. For one hour of service received, pay one time credit.
A commitment to the core values helps people to get into the spirit of TimeBanking and helps keep that spirit alive.
- Assets: Everyone has something to offer;
- Redefining Work: Building home, family and community is valued work;
- Reciprocity: Encouraging givers to receive – and receivers to give – builds trust and resiliency and sharing;
- Community: We are stronger together;
- Respect: Respect is the root of equality.
I understand that the function of Tai Tokerau TimeBank is to facilitate the exchange of services within the community in the spirit of the core values of TimeBanking. It is my responsibility to use the same caution I would in other circumstances to get to know a person, make reference checks, and use my instincts before engaging with another TimeBank participant - especially for babysitting, elder care, and driving.
I understand that any agreements shall be made solely by and between parties involved in this transaction. TimeBanks USA and Tai Tokerau TimeBank will not be held responsible and will not assume any liability for claims, damages, or any other consequences which may arise from this arrangement.
I understand that TimeBanks USA and Tai Tokerau TimeBank shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by information contained on this web site or any other TimeBank resources. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless all parties who facilitate or participate in TimeBank exchanges.
I agree that this site is not to be used for buying and selling and trading in illegal goods and services.
This site provides information that may reveal aspects of members’ lives that they wish to keep private. For that reason, I pledge not to reveal any of the contents of this site that are associated with any members’ personal information.
I understand that I will receive messages from other members of my TimeBank through this web site. Notification of such messages will be sent to the email address I have registered with. I also understand that I will receive newsletters, broadcasts and alerts for my TimeBank from my Coordinator(s) through this web site.
I have read these guidelines and agreements and I agree to abide by these core values, rules, and guidelines provided by TimeBanks USA and Tai Tokerau TimeBank for proper and courteous behavior. I pledge to proceed with good intent towards being of service to others in my community and treat others in the TimeBank with respect and kindness.
Terms of Service
We will need agreement to the following terms of service ...
1. I give my consent to the Timebank Coordinator to:
a) Contact the people whose names I give for a character reference.
b) Request a Police Check as required to confirm that I do not present a risk to TimeBank members
c) Share my contact details with other Timebank members regarding potential trades
2. I have read, understood, and will adhere to the TTT Code of Conduct at all times.
3. I understand that photographs containing my image, taken at TimeBank events, may be used for promotional purposes e.g. Facebook, unless I specifically request otherwise by contacting a Timebank Coordinator.
4. I agree to pay TTT an annual Timebank membership fee either $10 per year or two Timecredits
5. I agree to pay my first annual Timebank membership fee one month after the activation of my TTT account, and thereafter annually on the anniversary of that date.
6. I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure my personal safety and the safety of my property while participating in Timebank trading and other Timebank activities.
7. I undertake to keep the contact details of other Timebank members private.
8. I understand & agree if I do I trade with someone which includes mileage, I will pay them for travel expenses. This will be negotiated between us. This might be $2 for a Local Trip/20 cents per Km (within 20 km radius) and further away, that being 16 cents per Km. A return trip Kaitāia to Whangarei might be $50.
9. I understand if any materials are needed before a trade, the person offering will either be reimbursed, or I as requester will buy any materials needed.
10. I understand & agree that all trades will be fair & agreed prior to exchange. Should I need something extra it will be the Timebank member's discretion whether it is added/done or saved for another time, If extra is done the member will be reimbursed accordingly.
11. I understand that I am able to bring complaints and compliments to a Timebank Coordinator.
12. I will always thank the member whom I have dealt with as I understand they have used their time to help me.